Contact Lenses Abbotsford
Book your contact lens exam with our Abbotsford optometrist Dr. Sharon Wong. She has extensive experience with prescription contact lenses and in fitting all contact lens types.
Types of Contact Lenses
- Soft Contact Lenses – Designed for extended wear, these are the most popular lens type since they are comfortable and the soft contact lens is breathable, allowing oxygen to pass through to the eye.
- Disposable Lenses – Disposable contacts are convenient and should be removed each night. Disposable contact lenses are popular with people who have allergies and are replaceable weekly, biweekly, or once a month.
- Daily Wear Contacts – Inexpensive and affordable, daily contact lenses are soft and disposable, and not designed for extended wear. Your optometrist will also personalize your schedule for wearing and when to replace.
- Extended Wear Contacts – Although they can be worn overnight (for up to a week), extended contact lenses should be cleaned and disinfected regularly to minimize the risk of corneal infection.
- Coloured Contact Lenses – Colour contacts help change your eye colour but should only be ordered and fitted through a prescription following an eye exam. Colour contacts can range in colour from a light tint to vivid violet, blue, and green colours. We do not recommend buying over-the-counter colour contacts, which are illegal and can be dangerous to your eye health.
- Toric Contact Lenses – The soft Toric lens is designed to correct astigmatism, a refractive defect in the surface of the eye that distorts images because the light cannot focus properly.
- Multifocal Contact Lenses – It’s true that contact lenses can also be bifocal, trifocal, or progressive contact lenses, depending on your prescription. Talk to our optometrist about progressive contacts.
About Universal Vision Optical
Universal Vision Optical in Abbotsford BC is committed to monitoring your eye health and prescribing the best contact lenses for your vision and needs. We service eye patients throughout the Fraser Valley area including Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Aldergrove, and Langley, BC.
Get the latest in advanced lens technology by some of the industry’s best contact lens manufacturers including Acuvue, Bausch & Lomb, Ciba Vision, and CooperVision.
Contact Lens Brands
With uncompromising quality and exceptional visual clarity and comfort, the Acuvue brand offers UV blocking contact lenses that are arguably the world’s most popular and most prescribed contacts.
BAUSCH & LOMB
Whether you have presbyopia (requiring reading glasses) or astigmatism, Bausch & Lomb contact lenses will help you look your best with soft contacts for virtually any type of vision correction.
Designed with AquaRelease, a slow release moisturizing agent (released gradually with every blink), affordable Ciba Vision lenses are designed for performance, comfort, and convenience.
Breathable, soft, moist, and resistant to dehydration, the Aquaform Comfort Science Technology allows oxygen to reach the eyes through the lenses to help keep your eyes healthy and clear.